Materials Coordinator (Houston, Texas)
The Materials Coordinator will be responsible for utilizing inventory and surplus material in all procurement situations. This role will have both Purchasing and Materials Management responsibilities, with Materials Management being primary. This role will make sure documentation is gathered for ALL material movements. The Materials Analyst will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Responsible for Well Reconciliations, including OCTG, Equipment and Rods
- Coordinate with the Field Engineers, Roustabouts and Inventory Technician the logistics of material movement.
- Initiate and process Material Transfers
- Maintain Material Transfer documentation and backup
- Monitor Morning Reports for material movement to make sure Field and Material Transfers are submitted and processed
- Assist the Inventory Technician with coordination of the maintenance of Inventory and Surplus to protect Murex’s investments.
- Coding invoices and place signed copies in the proper files
- Responsible for Bi-annual Inventory “paper” Reconciliations
- Responsible for Yearly Physical Inventories of ALL Company owned yards and third party yards
- When necessary, process RFQ’s and seek proper authority to award Equipment and Services Purchase Orders
- Special Projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Visual recognition of different types of oilfield equipment including pipe
- MS Excel & Word proficiency
- Pivot Tables a Plus
- Asset and Compliance Tracking System (ACTS) knowledge a Plus
- Ability to plan ahead and be Proactive a Must
- Ability to meet deadlines a Must
- Ability to multi-task a Must
- Attention to details a Must
- Excellent communication skills a Plus
- College degree or 5 years of Supply Chain experience required
- Minimum 3 years industry experience, preferably in Production Equipment, OCTG, Operations Equipment and Inventory control
- Computer Literacy (ability to work through computer logic)
- Travel is required
To apply please complete the Employment Application and email to our HR Department along with your resume,
or fax to (866) 241-4096.
An Equal Opportunity Employer